radiator prob
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
redkev
Tradesman
Tradesman

radiator prob

by redkev » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:54 pm

hi, i took off a rad to change wall paper. the flow and return both go into same valve. when i took this off their was a black plunger this going into the radiator. no i turn it back on, both flow and return are hot but radiator cold. will i need to manualy pull this black plunger thing out, and also as valves are old their is a seep fron the valve from the screw down bit, can this be stopped or need new valve? if new valve can u get the 2 into 1 valve still

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:16 pm

This is a double entry valve, there will be an 8mm pipe inside the radiator going into the valve and sitting at the bottom on the radiator at the opposite end to the valve, if this pipe is missing or not in the valve properly the radiator will not heat as the water will go from the flow straight back down the return.

Leak: Around the spindle there'll be a nut, undo the nut - wrap thread tape around the spindle two to three times, replace nut (nut will push PTFE tape down) leak fixed.

htg

redkev
Tradesman
Tradesman

by redkev » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:25 am

the drip is coming from the spindle with the screwdriver bit, not the usuall turn bit for standard rads.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:52 pm