Radiators between heat cycles
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mcslemon
Apprentice
Apprentice

Radiators between heat cycles

by mcslemon » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:33 pm

Hi,

Just had some rads in my lounge replaced (got some bigger ones supplied by my builder) but I'm finding it a bit odd that when the heating clicks off between cycles, the rads seem to cool down fairly quickly. Is this normal between cycles? I've had centrally heated homes before but never really noticed (not that I checked)).

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Neil

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:13 pm

Not sure I understand the post, do you mean when the heating goes off the radiators cool down quickly, or the radiators cool then warm up again (with trv's fitted htis is normal).

The radiators can cool down failry quickly when the heating goes off, the rate at which they cool depends on the amount of water in the system, insulation to the property and the temperature of the rooms.

htg

mcslemon
Apprentice
Apprentice

by mcslemon » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:23 pm

Yeah.. I think that's what I mean.

Just to discuss. Basically, heating clicks on via the thermostat and boiler goes on and rads heat up. When it clicks off again, the rads cool quickly until the boiler comes back on. As the house warms up, the boiler doesn't stay on as long so the rads don't heat up as much which seems to defeat the object.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1