RADIATORS HOT @ TOP WARM @ BOTTOM
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
COPPER PIPE
Labourer
Labourer

Post by COPPER PIPE » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:25 pm

Hi Could any one tell me if the GRUNFOS UPS 15-60 130 pump is strong enough to pump water round my hot water and gravity fed central heating system which has 12 average sized radiators. I have an averaged sized 3 bed house. The reason I ask is because some of my radiators down stairs are hot @ the top but ony warm @ the bottom. I have taken off 1 of the offending rads to check out if blocked & it is clear. To make sure I turned off most of the other rads & hey presto its hot top & bottom ? Thanks in advance. :?:

ALDA
Foreman
Foreman

Post by ALDA » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:32 pm

TRY BALANCING THE SYSTEM.

COPPER PIPE
Labourer
Labourer

Post by COPPER PIPE » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:46 pm

Hi ALDA thanks for the reply by what you are saying I assume you think the pump is possibly big enough. I had balanced the radiators down to about 1/2 a turn open but it still feels that the radiators could be hotter at the bottom. Thanks again for the feedback. PS could not reply sooner because I could not log in, I emailed the powers that be and now i can.

ALDA
Foreman
Foreman

Post by ALDA » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:37 pm

CP,

Have you opened up the flow through the radiators that get hottest aswell as closing the flow through the ones you want to get hotter?

If you have the equipment (thermomitor/s), you should balance the system by measuring the temperature drop (idealy, 11-12 deg c drop flow to return) until you achieve a balanced system.

ALDA.

COPPER PIPE
Labourer
Labourer

Post by COPPER PIPE » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:54 pm

hI ALDA I can see what you are saying & have taken the executive decision to fit thermostatic valves then I will see where to go next. With thanks for your input. COPPER PIPE.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1