All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
cpm
Apprentice
Apprentice

radiators

by cpm » Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:27 pm

Hi all,

I hope you can help me with a problem i have got with two radiators? My friend has put on her heating system as some nights have been cooler of recent, all rads seem to heat up quickly except 2. The pipe to one rad gets warm to the valve, the other stone cold. But once I turn off all the other rads these two heated up slowly and started to heat from the top down. What could cause this and why would it happen???????. As soon as i turned on the other rads these two went cool again?

Also, these two rads are doubles with bleed screw either end. The valves on each of these two rads are flow valves with no lockshields Is this correct???
I thaught that flow vlaves should be on opp end to bleed screw?. I have also notice that all the rest of the rads in the house have got the lockshield on the flow and the adjustable on the return? IS this correct????

Her bathroom is being renovated at the moment and I know a radiator has being removed to be repositioned but on in place yet.

Any help would be very much appreciated

Thank you in advance!

CPM

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:55 pm

Check the valves to the two problem radiators are open a few turns, as if they're practically closed, this will cause the problem you describe.

Also if accessible, check the pump speed setting and turn up if possible and heat test system.

Htg

cpm
Apprentice
Apprentice

by cpm » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:07 am

hi htg,

Thank you for your reply. Both valves on both rads were fully opened and I also checked the pump which was set at the highest setting. As the rad gets warm from the top down, should I take them off and flush them out???

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:24 pm