Rain/Penetrating Damp Under Bay Window
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
Rita_97
Labourer
Labourer

Rain/Penetrating Damp Under Bay Window

Post by Rita_97 » Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:25 pm

Woman with no DIY experience need help! I had work done in my house and have now noticed wet wall under my bay window every time it rains and is getting worse as we have more rain - this problem was not visible before as it was masked with lots of thick layers of wallpaper by previous owners. Am now completely lost. This is what I've done so far:
New gutters and downpipes (paid professional of course :)
Patch pointing work on/around the bay window wall - where it seems like it needed doing but generally pointing is in good shape (I will post pics, please don't laugh as I did this myself and it looks horrible:(
Windows and sills re-sealed and ensured there are no gaps for water to enter the wall/windows.

Thinking of buying and applying water repellant sealer and apply to wall by bay window and floor tiles by bay window.

I've searched online for weeks now and found ideas above. But issue is still there. Please help!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:14 am