Raised patio and DPC
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
crazyadi
Labourer
Labourer

Raised patio and DPC

by crazyadi » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:49 pm

Hi, been using site for a while but first post. not sure its strictly in the correct are.

Basically i want to build a raised patio to the french windows but am concerned about the DPC, i have a row of facing bricks, then 3 rows of engineering bricks then back to red brick.
obviously i need to be 150mm below DPC BUT i dont know where that is would it be the top of the engineering bricks i have scraped out a little mortar but cant see a membrane anywhere?

Also if i build the raised wall to the level of the DPC can i not just use a sealant on the house wall to eliminate splash back? I have read a little on the whys and why nots of breaching the DPC height and in all honesty i dont get it, after all if someone has a kitchen extension built that is only half the size of the house then that is considerably higher than the DPC why does this meet regs but a small wall doesnt??

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Raised patio and DPC

by welsh brickie » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:06 pm

your dpc is under the door, you can build above the required height, but you will need to install a drainage channel to pass regulations.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1