Ravenheat Combi Boiler 82et
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
pavickers
Labourer
Labourer

Ravenheat Combi Boiler 82et

by pavickers » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:32 pm

My parents boiler has started to play up, the heating side works great. The problem is with the hot water. When I turn the taps on, the boiler lights up for a few seconds and the water runs hot for a very short period, then starts to run cold. After about 20 seconds the boiler fires up again warms the water for a short time then turns off again :? . The cycle continues. After downloading the fault sheet from Ravenheat I tested the 10k resister switch and this checks out ok, the only other thing I tested was the thermocouple. With the water cold it read about 14k ohms. Does anyone know if this sounds like the problem? Does anyone have the engineers test sheets. Any help would be appriciated, or if this is all wrong can you steer me in the right direction.

Thanks

Paul :D

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:01 pm

The thermocouple is to sense the pilot flame - nothing else.

It's the DHW sensor you need to be checking, maybe a scale build up or just the age of the sensor. A sensor with a build up of limescale on it, will retain the heat longer than a new one, therefore telling the boiler the hot water is at the correct temperature.

Oliver_murphy
Tradesman
Tradesman

by Oliver_murphy » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:55 pm

OR, the Plate To Plate heat exhanger is scaled or sludged.

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:34 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:36 pm