Re-doing gravel drive
Post your questions and get answers regarding all areas of drives, pathways and patios

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
neddy
Labourer
Labourer

Re-doing gravel drive

by neddy » Wed May 20, 2009 5:54 pm

I have recenty embarked on regravelling my work drive. I have had quotes in access of £10000 and cannot afford that so have decided to do it myself. I have started digging, cleaning and basically trying to even out the lumpier bits of the drive. It looks ok but there are some definite soft patches where the water pools when it rains. I am wondering what I should do next. The main part of the drive is very hard but the edges where the cars tend not to park is quite soft. It has boudarys of a brick wall on the front and side, paving slabs on back and a tarmac on the other side.I have a rough idea how much gravel I need (5 tonnes) but also want the prep to be right. Any help would be much appreciated.
Cheers

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Thu May 21, 2009 10:22 pm

neddy,
Get some rubble and ram it into the soft areas, you may need to do this a number of times.
end

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

Help from DIY Doctor!

by TheDoctor4 » Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:05 pm

For up to 5 FREE quotes from trusted, vetted and insured tradesmen in your area visit the DIY Doctor Find a Tradesman page: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/find_tradesmen/

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:45 am