re wire and central heating
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
JOHN
Labourer
Labourer

by JOHN » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:16 am

Help.
I am about to purchase an old property. This requires a rewire and central heating, I have built my own extention in the past and rewired the hole house and installed central heating where I live in now.
The rewire I feel I am compitant to do, central heating I an compitant to do as I have done this in the past.
Am I right to asume if I live in the property and it will be my responsibility for the work completed I will not require these new test certificates.
If so what one will I need.

stevenc1603
Ganger
Ganger

by stevenc1603 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:40 pm

If you don't get it installed by a certified part p electrician who can issue a certificate, you would need to inform your local council authority. They would then have it inspected (at your cost) to make sure it complied with building regs etc. If its a gas boiler you need to be corgi registered and doing it DIY is extremely dodgy. If its an electrical boiler, I don't know if there are specific regulations regarding these.

If you don't get the work inspected or certified you can end up invalidating your buildings insurance and you would probably find difficulty when selling the house on.

JOHN
Labourer
Labourer

by JOHN » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:03 am

Thanks stevenc1603
The rewire will be completed as a one to one change over with some additional spurs, extractor fan, consumer unit, cross bonded, and earthed as per iee regs. I dont have a problem with the electrics, then I will get the tissy board in for testing and sign off.

The fitting of a gas boiler I agree corgi reg, however, pipe work etc can be run, rads fitted, but conection to the mains gas supply and commissioning would be completed by a corgi engineer.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:17 am