DIY Doctor

Re-Wiring A House

Postby daryl » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:55 pm

Hi All,

I have recently moved into old house and I need to replace all the electrics (junction boxes, wiring and fittings). As I am not a qualified electrician, and have a good understanding of what I am doing, am I able to do this and still comply to part b?
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:49 pm


Simply Build It

Postby BLAKEY1963 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:31 pm

get in a part p sparky to advise u.

Rank: Site Agent
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 684
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:57 pm

Postby ericmark » Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:25 pm

To the question is it possible then I must answer yes. But if the question is am I likely then I must answer no. If you do an internet hunt you will find part P can be down loaded and when you read what is required you will realize although you can do it the paper work requires readings from specialist meters and you need to fill this in yourself. The fact that it is filled in correctly is often taken as prof that you now what your doing but this varies area to area. Your best bet is to find an electrician who will allow you to labour for him. He tells you what he wants you to do before next visit. Although you may be able to rewire yourself I think you may find you ending up getting an electrician in the end anyway and cost you more money not less.

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics