Real Oak Kitchen Worktops Protection
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Lloydy21
Labourer
Labourer

Real Oak Kitchen Worktops Protection

by Lloydy21 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:14 pm

I have recently moved into a house which has real oak wood worktops and have found that these need a bit of TLC. I am getting someone in to sand them down to make them look fresh again and to put a finish on top to protect them. This person has said he has a good idea of what could be put on them (Liberon WFS500 Worktop Finish and Seal) but I am concerned this won't fully protect them, despite it saying it is both heat and water resistant.

Does anyone know of any products which will protect my worktop for longer so I don't have to keep getting someone in to to spruce it up?

Thanks for all your help in advance.

busy33
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Real Oak Kitchen Worktops Protection

by busy33 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:24 pm

I also have similar worktops which were already installed in my home when I moved in around five years ago.

Mine are treated and I've not had any problems with them in the whole time I've lived there, even though I expected them to be tricky to maintain!

I simply just take a little care not to place hot pans directly on them and use a glass worktop protector for preparing vegetables etc in case the acidity affects the wood.

Hope that helps!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:16 am