Recommend a combi boiler please!
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
SandraD
Labourer
Labourer

Recommend a combi boiler please!

Post by SandraD » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:17 am

I am replacing my central heating system. We have a combi boiler - a potterton myson - whch has been great but is now on it's last legs. Can anyone recommend a central heating combi boiler, easy to use and easy to install. We are a three bed semi? [/b]

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:15 pm

Stick with Potterton.

Potterton Promax 28HE or 33HE.

Easy to use, easy to install. Realistically and reasonably priced, reasonable priced spares. Easy to work on - saves on labour costs.

htg

eggers
Ganger
Ganger

Post by eggers » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:19 pm

Noooooooooooooooooo do not put in a potterton promax, you will sincerly regret it!
i would recommend worcester greenstar or vaillant combi, but that is my personal oppinion... plus promax's are not combi's

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:48 pm

Potterton actually do Promax system and Promax combi boilers - can cause confusion - have had the wrong boiler sent before.

I have worked on quite a few Promax combi's and now they have re-designed the spark electrode - they're a decent boiler.

htg

eggers
Ganger
Ganger

Post by eggers » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:40 pm

htg engineer wrote:Potterton actually do Promax system and Promax combi boilers - can cause confusion - have had the wrong boiler sent before.

I have worked on quite a few Promax combi's and now they have re-designed the spark electrode - they're a decent boiler.

htg

hee hee, yeah they do have system boiler versions, i remembered some days later, and kind of hoped as this was an old thread no one would notice!
I respect your assessment of the boiler, but unfortunately i have had many many faults with the entire range, the venturi, fan, gas valve, gas valve air sensing probes, the heat exchanger manifolds, burners, electrodes (both the new 3 pronged versions and the older models) the condense trap (again both the newer modified versions and the older smaller versions) the way the burner door captive nuts peel away from the heat exchanger, causing the P.O.C.'s to enter the air box... i dread going to a breakdown on the baxi he and potterton he range!
I guess my experience is alil tarnished these days, because potterton used to make excellent boilers

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1