RECOMMENDATIONS FOR A SHOWER SYSTEM?
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jon11
Labourer
Labourer

RECOMMENDATIONS FOR A SHOWER SYSTEM?

by jon11 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:07 pm

:D Hi, I am renovating a property in France & was hoping someone could recommend a suitable system for shower & bath. The system would need to run off electric as there is no gas & I would not want to use an oil based heating system. I would like to install a bath & shower on the first floor and a shower on the ground floor. There is no loft space so I assume a hot water tank would need to be in the bathroom. The water pressure is good, would it have sufficient pressure to run the shower off or would it need boosting. There is also the issue that the property is vacant for long periods of time & the water is turned off at the mains. Does anyone have any suggestions, many thanks Jon.

Skids
Ganger
Ganger

by Skids » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:51 pm

Hi jon11

why not try a 9.5 electric shower, easy to install, can be isolated as required, cheep to run, only heat the water when you use it, cost £100 - 150.

Bargain

Regards

Skids

If you need some one to fit it during the hot summer we all deserve, it would take the family (me) two weeks, what part of French did you say, lol

jon11
Labourer
Labourer

Hiya\

by jon11 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:54 pm

Skids, many thanks for your reply, yes I agree the shower only option would be considerably easier. I assume the only way to get the water for the bath is a tank/immersion. I guess you couldnt run a gravity fed shower off that as there wouldnt be enough pressure or is this possible. Im not bothered about the bath but 1 member of my family only has baths. If I did put the tank in are there any issues with regularly turning the supply off at the mains? Also many thanks for the offer of installation, there is a fair bit to do in terms of installing the sink toilet & soil pipe, there may also need to be some rewiring so will prob get 1 of the locals who has been recommended. The place is 1 hr inland from La Rochelle in a medieval village called Vouvant. Its a bit of a long term project, but with things fairly quiet in the Uk at the moment is a good opportunity to get things done. In the fllooring trade myself. If ur still interested in heading over in the summer can sort out a v favourable rate (assuming it all gets done) rgds Jon

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:29 pm

If you type the key words of your question into our search box to the left of the site you may find the answer is already posted or is in the DIY projects section of the website. Every post goes through a monitoring process and using the search box may speed up your answer.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:00 pm