recording sky with a sony dvd/HDD recorder
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
johnbooth1963
Labourer
Labourer

recording sky with a sony dvd/HDD recorder

by johnbooth1963 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:25 pm

[b]I have a problem finding the sky channels on my Sony DVD recorder. Can anyone help? The set-up is as follows, after looking at your connection advisor and all manuals:

TV is Panasonic TX-32LXD60
SKY Digibox
DVDrecorder is SONY RDR-HXD710

Scarts
======

Sky VCR Scart to DVD Line 3
Sky TV scart to AV1 (RGB/Video) on the TV
DVD Line 1 TV scart to AV2 (RGB/Video/S-Video) on TV

Aerials
======
Terrestrial Aerial not used
Sky dish to Sky Box
Sky RF 1 out to DVD aeriel in
DVD RF out to TV aeriel in

We can get sky listings and channels as normal on the TV, and a TV screen (no picture of course as no aerial) and we set up Line 3 so we can view the Sky listings through the DVD (but not very good quality) if that input is selected on thne remote.

Following the manuals, I set Line 3 in the DVD Scart setup to "Line 1 RGB;Line 3 in Video/RGB;Line 3 out Video". I have also tried this on Line 1 Video, others as before. What happens is that the DVD finds no channels at all during tuning.

When I put the terrestrial aeriel in, it found Freeview and other usual channels, as normal, but nothing from Sky. How can I get the Sony DVD to find the Sky channels?[/b]

ericmark

by ericmark » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:07 pm

I have same TV and also Sky but DVD recorder Aldi and I seem the remember having problems when first setting up and I know DVD is connected to TV with Phono plugs and I seem to remember that was to cure the problems you have.
I also have second DVD player not got for DVD but to play MP3 music without needing TV to run and it also will play TV sound through hi-fi speakers this uses second SCART plug in TV so something had to use Phono input.
The TV also transmits through SCART and I can record Freeview picked up by TV with DVD recorder.
I fiddled for ages before it all worked and I seem to remember the SCART sockets on TV not the same and just swapping SCART plugs on TV changed how it all worked.
Its a wiring nightmare by time I include to PC and remote cans as well.
So I may have got things wrong but I don't really want to disturb things to test.

All best Eric

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:06 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:48 am