Recording Studio build
If you want to know how your DIY projects could be affected by building and planning regulations, click here to post questions and view answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
scratch
Labourer
Labourer

Recording Studio build

by scratch » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:21 am

Hi... new here.

I own a large village hall / place of worship. 10m x 17m space inside.

I want to build 2 rooms within the space (hall) using blocks so that it will be structural for 'walk on' storage above.... and maybe another floor in future. Rooms are for Control Room (mixing desk room) and Vocal booth.

I understand that I have to dig out and install footings for the blocks... and have plenty of common sense with build + have contact with experienced builders.

But.... do I need to apply for building regs?

If I do.... can I go ahead and start the job without regs app.?

What are precautions if I do?

I already have planning permission (change of use from place of worship to rec.studio)

Area - Gwynedd, Wales.

BenC
Labourer
Labourer

Building Regs

by BenC » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:17 am

If you are planning to carry out the work yourself I think you should speak to your local building control service before you start since it sounds like a significant alteration and if it turns out that you need to make changes once the work is in progress that's just going to cost you a lot of extra cash and time. Google here for more info... "buildingken.co.uk/planning-permission-for-extensions-185/"

If you are employing a builder they will usully sort out the building regs and site inspections, but be sure to clarify that this is their resposibility before work starts.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1