Refurbish Of Driveway That's Cracked and Crumbling
Post your questions and get answers regarding all areas of drives, pathways and patios

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
YorksKev
Labourer
Labourer

Refurbish Of Driveway That's Cracked and Crumbling

by YorksKev » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:23 pm

Hello I am looking to refurbish the driveway, we have not touched this since we moved in. At present it is a mixture of gravel and tarmac which has crumbled.
I am open to all options as to the resurface to be keep costs down i am thinking that gravel would be the best option or tarmac,

The surface of the drive way is (630cm x 440cm) i do have more photos that i can send of the current conditions and area if required.

At the moment i am thinking that this should be possible to do as a DIY project (Gravel). Doing some quick pricing online im make it around £800 material costs.

But before this i am looking to get some quotes to have it done professionally. So would like some idea of the ball park figure to do the work and what would be the best/cost effective option.

Thanks
Attachments
Capturel.GIF
current condition
current condition

collectors
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Refurbish Of Driveway That's Cracked and Crumbling

by collectors » Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:54 pm

I have a large drive & the cheapest way i found doing it myself was a good 3-4" of type 1 or crushed concrete as a base & put a wacker plate over it for every 1" inch of type 1 you lay down. Then cover with no more than 1" of 14mm natural gravel. I found it best to by a new wacker on ebay for around £160 & resell again after. Better/simpler than a hire. Any old slabs you have, break up with a hammer & mix in with the type 1. But beak to the same size as the type 1. I have ten ton trucks & many cars over the drive & all is well. At worst, if you put in a good 4" base you could tarmac at a later date if you scrape off the gravel.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:46 pm