DIY Doctor


Postby HandymanRob » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:56 pm


When fully qualified, is it compulsory to register with an organisation such as NECIEC.

I'm looking at completing an electrical course, and as you can gather, i'm not very clued up on the regulations.

Thanks for any responses, in advance. Rob
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:12 pm


Simply Build It

Postby ericmark » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:34 pm

No you don't need to be a member of any organization but without you would end up paying building control a lot of money and from July 1st very little can be done to houses without having to inform building controls. New regulations come into force and most houses will need major work to do minor up grade so until houses have been up graded very little or no work can be done without informing building control. (Council)

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics