DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Regulations for rebuilding demolished building

Postby Nav786 » Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:29 am

Need advice please.

I bought a derelict building 12 years ago. Building had roof totally collapsed in, external walls were still intact for few years before they also started to lean over. So i finally decided to demolish the whole building & get rid off all materials.
My question is can i build the same building again as it was 20 years ago? Or will i need planning permission? My concern is if I submit a new application then most likely planning department will refuse my idea. So i thought they might not refuse if i rebuild what was already there.
Nav786
Progress to next rank:
25%

Postby stoneyboy » Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:45 pm

Hi nav786,
You may have shot yourself in the foot, your local planning department may well refuse an application and also take action against you if you rebuild without permission.
Regards S
stoneyboy

Postby Nav786 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:07 pm

I thought that might be the case. I just wanted someone with knowledge give me advice.

Thank you
Nav786
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!