Reinstalling a light fitting in kitchen after breaking shade
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
j.bradbury92
Labourer
Labourer

Reinstalling a light fitting in kitchen after breaking shade

by j.bradbury92 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:56 pm

Hi all,

Looking for some assistance reinstalling a light fitting. Unfortunate accident at home led to the kitchen lampshade coming detached smashing on the floor and as a result pulling the fixture off from the ceiling. I've attached pictures to show whats left hanging from the ceiling & the fitting itself. I'm aware that the wire coming from both the blue and purple cable will need to be tightened into the holes in the fitting, how do I know which cable goes into which hole?

Also if I would like to shorten the white cable (which would mean also trimming down the blue & purple cables) what is the best way of doing this without causing a disaster?

Cheers
Jack
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2021-02-23 at 18.53.07.jpeg

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Reinstalling a light fitting in kitchen after breaking shade

by ericmark » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:10 am

Possibly it does not matter, you show picture of a ceiling rose with 2 core cable with standard BA22d bulb holder does not matter which way around, with E14 or E27 brown to centre pin, if marked with double square one inside the other then class II and does not really matter which way around.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:29 pm