DIY Doctor

Reinstalling a light fitting in kitchen after breaking shade

Postby j.bradbury92 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:56 pm

Hi all,

Looking for some assistance reinstalling a light fitting. Unfortunate accident at home led to the kitchen lampshade coming detached smashing on the floor and as a result pulling the fixture off from the ceiling. I've attached pictures to show whats left hanging from the ceiling & the fitting itself. I'm aware that the wire coming from both the blue and purple cable will need to be tightened into the holes in the fitting, how do I know which cable goes into which hole?

Also if I would like to shorten the white cable (which would mean also trimming down the blue & purple cables) what is the best way of doing this without causing a disaster?

Cheers
Jack
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2021-02-23 at 18.53.07.jpeg
j.bradbury92
Progress to next rank:
50%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby ericmark » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:10 am

Possibly it does not matter, you show picture of a ceiling rose with 2 core cable with standard BA22d bulb holder does not matter which way around, with E14 or E27 brown to centre pin, if marked with double square one inside the other then class II and does not really matter which way around.
ericmark

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!