relocated controller for combi boiler
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mmoods
Labourer
Labourer

relocated controller for combi boiler

by mmoods » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:34 am

Hi,

the controller for my combi-boiler was inside the airing cupboard and I relocated it to a more sensible location. wired up 2 cables (white) as they were. had to extend the 3rd cable(grey) as it was too short. all works fine except the central heating. the timer/thermostat activates on controller but the radiators dont heat up.

I realised that the hot water needs to be turned on as well for the central heating to work.

I have double checked the wiring but dont understand the 123456 on the inside of the controller. need to understand which cables control which, esp the grey which I extended.

Pls help! many thanks for any ideas or tips!!

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:08 am

We are really not going to get very far here without knowing which controller and boiler you have.

I'm also going to have a problem identifying a cable by it's colour. I can guess, but the type and colour could simply have been decided by what the installer had in his toolbox at the time.

On another point, where have you sited the controller now, and how did you "extend" the grey cable?

You say the water has to be on before the heating works. How do you mean? On the boiler, or on the controller you moved? Has it always been like this??

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1