Relocation and replacement of CU
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
miller
Labourer
Labourer

Relocation and replacement of CU

by miller » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:29 pm

Hi I am in the process of rewiring my shop/fast food premises, and renewing the old fuse box for a modern up to date 17th edition CU with main switch isolator, and then using rcbo's to protect most circuits apart from freezers. I am rewiring this using pvc maxi-trunking and 20mm conduit. My plan is to relocate the CU about 8 metres away from the old position using 25mm tails running these in the trunking ...is this ok ? They will be along side some of my other singles going to various circuits.
Also do I have to fit a fused switch by the meter to protect the tails or is it the electricity company's responsibility and would this be free of charge ?
Many Thanks

BLAKEY1963
Site Agent
Site Agent

Re: Relocation and replacement of CU

by BLAKEY1963 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:58 am

[quote="miller"]Hi I am in the process of rewiring my shop/fast food premises, and renewing the old fuse box for a modern up to date 17th edition CU with main switch isolator, and then using rcbo's to protect most circuits apart from freezers. I am rewiring this using pvc maxi-trunking and 20mm conduit. My plan is to relocate the CU about 8 metres away from the old position using 25mm tails running these in the trunking ...is this ok ? They will be along side some of my other singles going to various circuits.
Also do I have to fit a fused switch by the meter to protect the tails or is it the electricity company's responsibility and would this be free of charge ?
Many Thanks[/quote]

MILLER
Have u completed design calculculations ?
Maximum demand of each circuit ?
Installation methods ? Type of protective device ?
Type of earthing facility , method of earthing currently at
Your installation.
Diverscity Calculations , to work out maximum demand , if main switch is to be fitted with correctly sized protective device ECT , ECT

BLAKEY1963

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:13 am