Remeha wiring
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
NSBALLOONS
Labourer
Labourer

Remeha wiring

Post by NSBALLOONS » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:35 pm

Could someone please help.

I have a Remeha Avanta Plus 28c boiler and would like to wire in a Drayton Lifestyle LP11 Timeswitch and a Tower RS Room stat.

Have tried but no go. Got an electrician in but was told that the LP 11 Timeswitch was the wrong one for the job, according to the merchant that supplied the boiler it is the right one for the job.

Thanks
Norman

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by plumbbob » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:07 pm

The Avanta Plus is designed to have a purpose made time switch installed within the boiler casing. The installation instructions though show how an external timer and thermostat can be fitted instead so I am not sure why your electrician sees a problem with the Drayton.

Maybe there are other issues that are not obvious from your description but I am not quite sure what they could be.

NSBALLOONS
Labourer
Labourer

Post by NSBALLOONS » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:56 pm

All he said was that the Drayton was a single channel and the Boiler needed a two channel timer. According to the suppliers of the boiler it only needs a single channel as you only need to control the heating side, the hot water is on demand anyway.

The boiler is fitted in the loft. The friend who supplied the boiler had a word with plumbers who fit these things in his area and they said the Drayton was the right one.

The boiler is working perfectly as fitted but as is in loft needs to be controlable from inside bungalow, to boost heat or overide timed heating.

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by plumbbob » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:58 pm

Think you have really answered your own question. Yes, a two channel timer can be fitted, but there is no need to as you say because the water is on 24hr demand anyway. Who wants to turn on a hot tap and find out the hot water is off????

The single channel timer will do exactly what you need.

NSBALLOONS
Labourer
Labourer

Post by NSBALLOONS » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:05 am

The only problem is.

I still can not wire the flipping thing up no matter what I do.

I used 1m/m 3 core cable and used the earth as the return feed (after putting brown insulation sleeve on). The timer unit lit up but the boiler did not respond to the unit. And the thermostat did not do anything.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1