DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Remote controlled 13A spur switch

Postby tcf887 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:46 pm

I have recently had a fused 13A spur switch filled in the house to control a water feature in the garden - via a cable runnung out through the wall and underground.

I would like to convert to remote operation, is there such thing as a remote controlled spur switch available?

Many thanks.
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:40 pm


Simply Build It

Postby sparx » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:29 pm

not sure about remote FCU's (Fused spurs) but plenty of plug through 13A remote socket adaptors, we use 6 here for mood lights, fans etc, most of the 'sheds' sell 'em usually 3 adaptors to a remote 3 button hand set.
If your pump is plugged into a socket in a weatherproof box then could go at that end.
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 2166
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:33 pm
Location: The fifth continent.

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics