remove a toilet
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
FIX IT KEV
Labourer
Labourer

remove a toilet

Post by FIX IT KEV » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:16 pm

[b]hi im am busy updating an ex council hse in blyth, so far so good the only problem is the downstair washroom, the sink not a prob. its the toilet i need advise on the foul pipe comes out of the rear of toilet and bends downover straight into the floor . there is a joint at floor hight but its a huge lump of solid concrte. how or how am i to remove the toilet without haven to dig up the floor and replace all of the ceramic pipes ... or is that the only way??????????????? if there is no way apart from replacing pipe with new plastic one how would i conect the pld and new together outside under the patio area which is where the drain is.?? :? :? :? :? :roll: [/b]

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by stoneyboy » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:41 am

FIX IT KEV,
Remove the loo and break out the concrete, you will be left with a vitreous enamel pipe cast into the floor. Buy yourself a pan adaptor which looks like a question mark (can't remember what they are called) this will fit the pan and seal inside the pipe in the floor.
end

FIX IT KEV
Labourer
Labourer

thats good

Post by FIX IT KEV » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:23 pm

thanks alot that sounds good but if start knocking the concrete out aint there a chance of damaging the ceramic pipe thats in the floor? :? i just dont wana start spending huge sums of cash on this.

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by plumbbob » Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:15 pm

You could always cut it off with an angle grinder, but if it was installed properly, it should be a weak cement mix. Mind you, the collar may be sticking up out of the floor, so as I say, cut it off.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:40 pm

You need to remove the concrete/cement first to establish what's under it - until you do that it's all guess work.

There'll either be a collar to which you can connect straight into - and then seal between the collar and connector you use, or there'll just be a hole where you will be able to unsert a connector.

htg

FIX IT KEV
Labourer
Labourer

reply with thanks

Post by FIX IT KEV » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:05 pm

:D :D :D many thanks for all coments made i,ll have a go and let you know how i get on in due course..

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:51 am