Remove hot Water Feed From Washing Machine?
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Saino_Moore
Labourer
Labourer

Remove hot Water Feed From Washing Machine?

by Saino_Moore » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:58 am

Hi there - I recently had some renovations done and from what I gather the plumber we had in took it upon himself to feed hot water into our modern(ish) washing machine which from my understanding is not necessary and has resulted in a situation where all of our hot water (electrci system, no gas) is drained when we run a wash, which is not ideal! I was told that all I need to do was fit the tap in the attached image but I'm not certain where it should go - this doesn't seem like it should be a difficult task but I would appreciate some solid advice - cheers!
Attachments
from below
from below
front on
front on
Tap to fit
Tap to fit

Skid Sprocket
Tradesman
Tradesman

Re: Remove hot Water Feed From Washing Machine?

by Skid Sprocket » Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:06 pm

Assuming that your washing machine is cold fill only and the fill is hot means that the rinse cycle will be hot and will, as you say, use all your hot water.

The existing tap to the washing machine needs removing and capping with a compression cap using the olive and nut already on the pipe (no need to cut them off). I am assuming that the cold flex pipe has a compression end or rubber washer onto a standard compression joint, in that case the new T connector needs connecting between the cold solid pipe and the cold flex pipe with a short piece of 15mm copper pipe utilising the (spare) olive and nut from the cap fitting. Then simply fit the washing machine hose to the branch of the new T.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 11, 2024 1:47 am