remove porch ceiling
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
DdanB
Labourer
Labourer

remove porch ceiling

Post by DdanB » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:04 pm

Hi all,
Need some guidance on my porch ceiling - we need to get into the porch roof to block up some holes from the porch to the cavity created by a recent rat infestation. I guess theres 2 ways in, either we remove the tiles from the top ( and batons, etc ) or we remove the ceiling - it's a single piece of dry lined plasterboard.

1. Would removing and replacing the ceiling be the easiest task of the two?

2. If so, anything I should be aware of? Easiest way to remove the current panel without damaging any of the wood behind etc? anything to be careful of when fitting?

apologies if this belongs on some sort of newbie thread, feel free to flame and and tell me where to put it.

Many thanks in advance

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by kbrownie » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:57 pm

I guess easiest option is remove plasterboard as you really need to keep roof on especailly as the weather is so poor. Firstly I would isolate electrics in case of cables above, also be careful of any pipework. Then i'd get a small dry-liners saw and cut a square big enough to get your head up through and have a look a what your taking on. Take all the correct precaustion and methodical remove a section at a time, it will be a messy job so be prepared for that, most boards are screwd up these days but some are still nailed so you may need a claw hammer and a cordless drill too.
KB

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:46 pm