Removing built in wardrobes with cupboards attached on top.
Re-generate an old or tired space and give it a fresh breath of life. Click here for answers, information and tips

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Sparklypie
Labourer
Labourer

Removing built in wardrobes with cupboards attached on top.

Post by Sparklypie » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:51 pm

I need to remove some of my wardrobes to fit my bed in a space in my room. But on top of these wardrobes, I have cupboards all along the top. (I think they're called bridging cupboards?) Can I just remove the wardrobes or will the cupboards collapse? I know it's hard to answer without seeeing them but if it's likely that they will fall, what can I use to cupport the cupboards on top? I don't want to remove the cupboards. I removed one of the wardrobes a few weeks ago and they were fine but there's not enough room to fit the bed in so I need to remove more. Can anyone help? Thanks.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by stoneyboy » Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:28 am

Sparklypie,
99% sure you will have to remove the top cupboards first, you could rehang them using the brackets which are supplied with kitchen wall units.
end.

TheDoctor5

Post by TheDoctor5 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:18 am

If you type the key words of your question into our search box to the left of the site you may find the answer is already posted or is in the DIY projects section of the website. Every post goes through a monitoring process and using the search box may speed up your answer.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:47 pm