Removing Smoke Alarms From Gardtec 840 Alarm
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Zaphod beeblebrox
Labourer
Labourer

Removing Smoke Alarms From Gardtec 840 Alarm

by Zaphod beeblebrox » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:40 am

Hello
I have an aging gardtec 840 alarm, the smoke detectors are well beyond their best before date. I want to remove them and replace with standalone battery smokes.

I have the gardtec engineer and user manuals and the engineer code. The procedure is on page 84 of the manual, but all the YES NO’s get a bit confusing.....

I am ok up to

engineer mode Yes

prigram zones Yes

Enter zone number Yes

this is where I need the steps p l e a s e.....for Removing zones and (UN) Removing zones

Also I have all the Zone numbers for each contact, would the wiring connections for the smoke detectors, be obvious ?

Once the wiring is removed from the control panel I can remove the smoke detectors and replace them with my standalone ones.

Thanks in advance

Mr White
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Removing Smoke Alarms From Gardtec 840 Alarm

by Mr White » Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:02 pm

As I do not have a manual (and you do) all I can suggest is you read it through several times slowly before you try.

The other thing you can do is link out the circuit(s) in question at the panel then remove the cables.
But that said there is the slight possibility that whoever installed it used the same cable for more than one device, i.e landing pir and landing smoke, if this is the case the landing pir will not work if you cut the supply off to the cable. (This is because it supplies both devices)
You could even buy new 12v smoke detectors and change them. Whatever you do. Mark the cables, and take clear in focus pictures before you do anything.

Zaphod beeblebrox
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Removing Smoke Alarms From Gardtec 840 Alarm

by Zaphod beeblebrox » Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:20 am

Thanks

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:20 am