Removing towel radiator
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Mully79
Labourer
Labourer

Removing towel radiator

Post by Mully79 » Tue May 22, 2007 3:07 pm

Hi, I need to remove a towel radiator so I can redecorate my bathroom. We have a combi boiler and I'm not sure whether I have to completely drain the system (and how exactly?), or can just bleed the radiator without touching anything else? Anybody have any tips on this.

Also I'll probably not be reattaching the radiator for quite some time and would therefore need to fill up the system again, so would it be a case of just shutting off the valves in the bathroom to stop it leaking and the system will run as normal? Sorry for the stupid questions, I have read up as much as I can but hoped someone here might be able to advise on this specific problem.

bazza
Ganger
Ganger

towel rad

Post by bazza » Tue May 22, 2007 5:32 pm

hi mully79 do the valves on your radiator connect at the sides or to the bottom of your radiator

Mully79
Labourer
Labourer

Post by Mully79 » Wed May 23, 2007 8:19 am

Hi
The valves connect to the bottom of the radiator

bazza
Ganger
Ganger

Post by bazza » Wed May 23, 2007 10:13 am

hi mully79 you can turn off both valves and just drain the rad u want to remove but with valves being attached to bottom it can be quite messy probably easiest to just drain top half of system to do that turn off the boiler make sure water has cooled down if heating has been used and attach a hose to a downstairs rad with a drainoff fitted then go round all rads on the upstairs level and any level above (if for example rads fitted in attic)and slightly open bleed valves then wait for water to stop running from hose then u are free to remove bathroom rad but remember u will hav to top up your boiler back to around 1 bar before you switch it back on hope this helps bazza

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1