DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Render Movement

Postby Tunstallino » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:12 pm


I recently rendered a client's house and there has a hairline crack appeared close to the join with the old render. The client said that his house is prone to slight movement, and, has had a survey done to say it is fine. The option the client wants is to chase between the two renders and fill with a sealant/silicone (product with elastic qualities) to avoid further hairline cracks. The client assures us that the crack will not develop any further. What product would you recommend to fill the chase effectively joining the two renders. Or any advice on the situation would be greatly appreciated.


PS Great informative advice on plastering in Harrogate on Saturday, brightest bit of a very dull trade fair.
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:58 pm


Gorilla Glue heavy duty grab adhesive

Postby welsh brickie » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:22 am

I would chase out a section 150mm wide and nail expanding metal to the brickwork, pva it then render.
welsh brickie
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 2611
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:54 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!