Rendering above dpc
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
glenthompson
Labourer
Labourer

Rendering above dpc

by glenthompson » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:37 pm

I have recently moved and the brickwork from ground level to 6 courses above dpc is terrible. Previous resident has tried to do various patch work(with a catapult) :x I wanted to have a high renedered plinth. My idea was to put waterproofing in one of the coats would this be ok? people say you cannot render above the dpc but what about fully rendered houses. i know they put a bell drip above the dpc but it is still breached. why can you do this but not have a high plinth above dpc? any help would be gratefully appreciated.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:27 pm

glenthompson,
Unless you can find a way of making the bricks (above your proposed rendered plinth) impervious you will end up with a giant collar/funnel which will direct rainwater into the wall.
end

glenthompson
Labourer
Labourer

by glenthompson » Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:38 pm

[quote="stoneyboy"]glenthompson,
Unless you can find a way of making the bricks (above your proposed rendered plinth) impervious you will end up with a giant collar/funnel which will direct rainwater into the wall.
end[/quote] i was going to have a fillet where the render ends.it will all have waterproofing in.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:44 am