Renovating Fireplace
Information, help and advice on many gas related subjects from gas fires to domestic appliances

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
nrg1977
Apprentice
Apprentice

Renovating Fireplace

by nrg1977 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:30 pm

Hello,

I am currently renovating my fireplace and have had the old gas fire removed. It was one of those gas fires that had the gas pipe running along the side of it. At the time it was disconnected my plumber told me that he had cut the gas pipe to below the floor boards and when it was time to connect to a new gas fire the pipe could be run under the floor boards and the back of the hearth - actually into the fireplace.

So now I've just removed the old hearth and underneath it are not floorboards but concrete. What I'm wondering is how can I run the gas pipe under the new hearth so that it's not visible? Is it possible to chisel out pieces of this concrete so that the piping can run within it?

Also, I'm planning to lay wooden flooring in this room, but just wondered whether it's advisable to lay the flooring under the heath so that it's neater, or if usually flooring is laid around a hearth.

Thanks!!

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:04 am

If you type the key words of your question into our search box to the left of the site you may find the answer is already posted or is in the DIY projects section of the website. Every post goes through a monitoring process and using the search box may speed up your answer.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 06, 2024 1:09 am