DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Repair Advice for Bay Window and Porch Roof

Postby Craig686 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:03 pm

Hello

Looking for a bit of advice on how to repair bay window / porch roof. I have posted an image of the issue but as you can see it has started to slope on the right side, which is causing issues as the guttering is leaking when it rains. I'm guessing this has happened due to no gallow support on that side. Can the roof be straightened & a gallow support added? Or do I need to get it replaced? Also does anyone have an idea of the rough cost of the repair / replacement? (Manchester area)

Thank you.
Attachments
roof (4).jpg
Slope on right
Craig686
Progress to next rank:
25%

Postby stoneyboy » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:45 pm

Hi craig686
You are going to have to refit the gallows brackets which obviously were once fitted. You should be able to jack up the outer corner to remove the sagging whilst they are fitted.
Regards S
stoneyboy

Postby Craig686 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:17 pm

stoneyboy wrote:Hi craig686
You are going to have to refit the gallows brackets which obviously were once fitted. You should be able to jack up the outer corner to remove the sagging whilst they are fitted.
Regards S

Thanks for the advice. Do you have a rough idea on what something like this would cost? Just so I've got an idea for when I find a roofer.
Craig686
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!