Repair Advice for Bay Window and Porch Roof
Information, help and tips on many areas of roofing including trusses, tiling, venting, insulation etc....

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Craig686
Labourer
Labourer

Repair Advice for Bay Window and Porch Roof

by Craig686 » Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:03 pm

Hello

Looking for a bit of advice on how to repair bay window / porch roof. I have posted an image of the issue but as you can see it has started to slope on the right side, which is causing issues as the guttering is leaking when it rains. I'm guessing this has happened due to no gallow support on that side. Can the roof be straightened & a gallow support added? Or do I need to get it replaced? Also does anyone have an idea of the rough cost of the repair / replacement? (Manchester area)

Thank you.
Attachments
Slope on right
Slope on right

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Repair Advice for Bay Window and Porch Roof

by stoneyboy » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:45 pm

Hi craig686
You are going to have to refit the gallows brackets which obviously were once fitted. You should be able to jack up the outer corner to remove the sagging whilst they are fitted.
Regards S

Craig686
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Repair Advice for Bay Window and Porch Roof

by Craig686 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:17 pm

stoneyboy wrote:Hi craig686
You are going to have to refit the gallows brackets which obviously were once fitted. You should be able to jack up the outer corner to remove the sagging whilst they are fitted.
Regards S

Thanks for the advice. Do you have a rough idea on what something like this would cost? Just so I've got an idea for when I find a roofer.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:33 pm