Repair ceiling holes
General decorating topics, questions and answers. find help, tips and advice on completing your decorating projects

GDL
Apprentice
Apprentice

Repair ceiling holes

by GDL » Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:51 pm

Hi,

As part of a house rewire I have had to run new lighting circuit cables in conduit along the surface of ceilings under a flat roof where there was no access to the roof space. Rooms affected are kitchen, bathroom and toilet.

I have run the cables to within a few inches of the light positions, then passed them through small holes into the roof void and into the side of joists and then down so they 'hang' from the ceiling. In order to achieve this I have had to cut 'hand sized' holes near the lighting positions in order find the cables and pull them through.

The ceilings are constructed from a softish fibre board material about 3/4" thick, covered in plaster board with a skim of plaster.

Could anybody advise how best to repair the 'hand sized' holes I have cut please? - The repair should utimately be concealed by the new light fittings but there is a lot of dust being blown through at present.

Many thanks.

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:51 am