DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Repairing cracks along ceiling edges in 2002 terraced town house

Postby LJ1711 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:46 pm

I'm considering putting in an offer on a 3 bed terraced town house built in 2002. Most of the ceilings have cracked sections where the plasterboard has pulled away from the wall. A couple of the rooms also have cracks running down the corners of the rooms, I've included a picture of the worst with a finger for scale. Is this something that could be sorted with flexible filler or would I need something more advanced doing? Trying to calculate a rough cost to put right to decide if to put in an offer on the house and if so how much. Any help appreciated!
Ceiling 2
Ceiling 1
Corner of wall
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:03 pm

Postby stoneyboy » Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:32 pm

Hi lj1711
For a moderate degree of success you will probably have to tape over all cracks and apply a local skim coat.
Regards S
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 4609
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics