REPAIRING HOLES IN PLASTERBOARD AND HOLLOW DOORS Project
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mikea
Apprentice
Apprentice

REPAIRING HOLES IN PLASTERBOARD AND HOLLOW DOORS Project

Post by mikea » Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:44 pm

The second method in this project suggests screwing wood battens behind the existing board. Would it be feasible to glue the battens with a suitable building adhesive instead? I don't want to use screws as this would involve removing more tiles to expose the bare plasterboard. Can I glue the new piece of plasterboard to the pattens? Are there any downsides to doing this?

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by kbrownie » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:09 pm

Hi, it seems a perfectly reasonable solution to your problem, some really good adhesive out there, but do take consideration into the weight that this repair could be carrying, as far as project information on the method I can't say for sure. But this is how i'd do it find a good contact adhevesive that will work both on plasterboard and wood.
Apply as direction on this product instructs.You will need to hold the timber in place whilst adhesive cures.
I'd find a piece of timber that will cover over hole from outside and place a screw or two through this piece and into timber in wall so to trap it in place untill cured.
Good luck with repair hope info useful.
KB

mikea
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by mikea » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:28 pm

That sounds good

Thanks
mike

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:58 am