Repairing Paint Flaking and Peeling off and Some Holes Under Fire
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
KrisConnolly
Labourer
Labourer

Repairing Paint Flaking and Peeling off and Some Holes Under Fire

by KrisConnolly » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:06 pm

Hi, I'm new to the forum so please bare with me.

In my living room under the fire I have patches of dried and flakey paint. The plaster wasn't fresh it was already here when we moved into the house so being new plaster isn't the problem. I understand I need to peel off all the loose bits and sand it down however this has left me with slight holes due to a couple of coats of paint being taken off.

I was just wondering how I can seal it & fill the "holes" that are left after sanding etc. I have damp paint to go onto the wall after the holes have been filled. Any tips will be welcome, please see attached picture of the wall, thanks.

diydoctor6
Ganger
Ganger

Re: Repairing Paint Flaking and Peeling off and Some Holes Under Fire

by diydoctor6 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:16 am

Hi KrisConnolly,
Interesting post, but it would be helpful to have a little more information.

What kind of fire is it? It is hard to see from the photo, essentially it would be important to know how hot this area is going to get.

Also you mention using a Damp Paint. Does the area experience any form of damp? If so, it might be better to explore the cause and address this rather than cover it up with damp proofing paint?

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:45 am