Replace a Satchwell ELV heating control system
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

mercanlandy
Labourer
Labourer

Replace a Satchwell ELV heating control system

by mercanlandy » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:52 pm

Hi, a house I recently moved into has got an existing newish combi boiler which works perfectly. The problem we have is that the previous owner was a heating controls engineer and fitted a Satchwell programmable ELV control system which requires a laptop and software programme to set up and adjust any setttings. We do not have the laptop or software programme. We have found a connection lead that looks like it plugs into the satchwell controller but its no us without the laptop and programme.

I have looked in the room stats and it is wired in Belkin 4 core cable (again elv equipment) and the port valves used to control seperate zones area also ELV. The control sysytem is not really suitable for a domestic setup as it is not user friendly for unless you are a heating control engineer,

What I need to obtain is a software programme to try and access the satchwell controller so I can set it up correctly. Alternatively is their a replacement ELV controller that does not require a laptop and software to set it up. IE a controller that just has a basic touch screen panel that does all the basics, heat or water or both.

It is probably a simple job for anybody who knows what they are doing and if anybody can assist then I live in Anglesey. I have taken a few photos of the satchwell controller and can either upload or email them if needed

All help or info greatly accepted.

Regards

SC