Replace cylinder
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
adavb1
Labourer
Labourer

Replace cylinder

Post by adavb1 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:06 am

Hi - I have a gravity heating system with storage tank + smaller expansion tank in the loft. In an airing cupboard I have a VERY old cylinder and heating control unit. The hot water has recently stopped and on investigation it seems the flow of water to the cylinder is blocked. In addition the immersion unit has corroded and has blown.
The old immersion unit is too difficult to remove without cracking the cylinder and thus I have been advised to change the cylinder, water flow pump and piping and thermostat unit. I have requested a budget-wise solution and need an idea of what I could expect to pay - rough estimate. Any advice/estimated figures would be appreciated :?:

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by stoneyboy » Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:16 pm

adavb1,
A lot depends on the type of cylinder, how much pipework will have to be changed, whether making good is included etc, but assuming it will be a basic model you are probably looking at a cost of between £1000 and £2000.
end

Steve the gas
Site Agent
Site Agent

Post by Steve the gas » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:18 am

Are you havin a laugh?

If all standard - all is very approx,

Cylinder inc immersion £200
Pump + stat £150
Pipe + sundries £50
Labour ........? but guess £200 - 250

Hth