Replace Siemens RAA20 Thermostat With 7 Day Programmable Timer/Thermostat
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Gaz70uk
Labourer
Labourer

Replace Siemens RAA20 Thermostat With 7 Day Programmable Timer/Thermostat

by Gaz70uk » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:12 pm

I have a Siemens RAA20 room thermostat which I want to replace with a 7 day programmable timer/thermostat. All the installation instructions I've seen for the RAA20 say there are two screws on the bottom of the case to remove the cover.

The one I have doesn't have any screws, but the cover is very firmly fixed on. Anyone else have one of these and figured out how to remove the cover?

I'm concerned about breaking the case so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Gaz.

Atticus Finch
Tradesman
Tradesman

Re: Replace Siemens RAA20 Thermostat With 7 Day Programmable Timer/Thermostat

by Atticus Finch » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:46 pm

Don't know that particular model, but are there any slots around the edge of the stat which can take a small screwdriver? If so, the screwdriver will release the hidden catches

Gaz70uk
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Replace Siemens RAA20 Thermostat With 7 Day Programmable Timer/Thermostat

by Gaz70uk » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:12 pm

Hi Atticus,

Thanks for replying. I still can't see anything obvious but there are a couple of bits of plastic on the bottom which look like they may be clipped into the backplate. So I think it might be those which release the cover.

I haven't had a chance to try yet but I will give it a go at the weekend. If I have no luck I'll post some images.

Thanks again for the reply.

Regards,

Gaz.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1