DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Replace the kitchen tap question with new tap with 2 flexi hoses

Postby greglu » Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:41 pm

I have a 5-year old kitchen tap which is dripping badly now. I searched at B&Q website and found a desired kitchen tap to replace the current. But it appears to me that the new tap involves 2 flexible hoses, e.g. 1 hot and 1 cold water. My current tap has two rigid pipes connected to it, but I am not sure if it has disguised soft hoses inside (as I cannot see it).

May I ask if any welding job is needed? Or I may have a go with a box spanner. Thank you!
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:07 pm


Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:36 pm

Hi greglu
Turn off the isolating valves and undo the top joint, if you are lucky the flexibles on the new tap will just screw in place.
Regards S
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 4819
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics