replacement boiler pump?
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
spi
Labourer
Labourer

replacement boiler pump?

Post by spi » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:40 pm

i have a Ferroli F30 boiler and i need to replace the pump. the pump currently fitted is a Grundfos UPS 15 - 50, part number 59965505. i have searched everywhere for an identical pump but cant find one. does anyone know wheich pump i need to get to replace my current one?
Thanks

tomzarblue
Labourer
Labourer

Post by tomzarblue » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:30 am

HI
grundfos 15 50 pumps are readily available from on line suppliers. Goole it and see.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:13 pm

This is a pump that I fit and work on very very regularly (fitted one today).

There should be no problem getting one. Its a grundfos pump 5 meter head. Try Plumb Centre or HRPC or somewhere like that.

Hope this helps.

The Heating Doctor
Foreman
Foreman

Post by The Heating Doctor » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:52 am

Beware:- Not all UPS 15/50 are the same, some boiler manufacturers have some very strange base's (the part where the boiler pipe work connects to the pump) to stop you from picking up a straight replacement from a plumbers merchant and depriving them of revenue as they want to sell you spare parts. One way (but not always) of getting around this is to just use the motor part of the new pump and swap that for the old one. You will see the motor screws on the top, just release them and swap. However beware here again, carefully check that the pump impellers are the same size and or configeration as many boiler manufacturers have pump heads designed to suit the specific requirements of the boiler. Can be a bit of a minefield so it's up to you if you wish to risk it or not.

spi
Labourer
Labourer

Post by spi » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:15 pm

Thanks for your help. Ive had the pump changed but my boiler is still causing the same problem as before. I have hot water but when i turn the heating on, it works fine for about a minute, then in makes a spluttering noise and shuts off.
A friend has told me the problem may be with the thermostatic control valve?
Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks

The Heating Doctor
Foreman
Foreman

Post by The Heating Doctor » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:17 pm

Yes it could be the diverter valve, but unlikely as it is moving over to allow heating, then the boiler cuts out. Could be the temperature thermister or control thermostat, could even be a fault on one of the PCB's. Best bet is to either talk to Ferolli technical help line or call out a CORGI engineer.

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1