Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
garyp650
Labourer
Labourer

Replacement for Creda Jetspa Electric Shower Advice Required

Post by garyp650 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:46 pm

Hi All,
I would like to replace my current electric shower and need advice on purchasing a new one. My current shower is a Creda Jetspa model:53559860, bottom right entry for water inlet.
I would like a Triton to replace with but not sure on what Watts and minimum water pressure. Inside the Creda it has a sticker that reads; WATTS 8700-9500 rated pressure 0kPa (0 bar).
Do I have to get a replacement that is for 0 bar?
Water is connected straight from Mains 15mm.

prrichards
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Replacement for Creda Jetspa Electric Shower Advice Required

Post by prrichards » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:10 am

the maximum power (wattage) shower you would be able to use depends on the size of the cable (and thus the rating of the protective device or circuit breaker)
The value should be achieved by calculation , but a rough "rule of thumb" answer; if you have a 32am (6 or 10mm cable) amp MCB (miniature circuit breaker) an 8kw shower
a 40amp MCB (6 or 10mm cable) around 9.3kw
50amp MCB 11kw (10mm cable)

Something else to consider would be RCD protection. Although a "like for like" exchange doesn't require any alterations to the circuit as far as the regulations go, It is defiantly recommended that you have an RCD protecting circuits in a bathroom.

It is always recommended that any electrical work should be carried out and tested by a professional electrician

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:31 pm