DIY Doctor

Replacement of Sealed Unit in Wood Frame Window

Postby jimmy1977uk » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:22 pm

Hello all,

I need to replace a double glazed sealed unit in part of a wood frame window. Just wondering if a) this is something that i can undertake myself (i have reasonable diy experience); and b) where can i get hold of these units? I've tried looking all over the internet but can't find anything.

Any advise will be most welcome!


Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:15 pm


Simply Build It

Postby thedoctor » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:17 am

Sealed units can be bought at just about every glazier now and certainly all double glazing outlets. If you look at our double glazing project and contact U Fit I'm pretty sure they have a sealed unit delivery service also.
Posts: 2528
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:15 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics