DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Replacement Part for Push Button Cistern - What is the Arm Part Called?

Postby plumbingnovice » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:52 pm

Hi - I'm a total novice but thought someone might be able to help. The push button flushing mechanism on our cistern is broken. The flushing still works, but you have to lift the tank lid and manually press the flushing valve down, which is an upright white piece of plastic tubing. The piece that has broken is a white plastic armature that extends from this valve to the push button located externally on the cistern. What is this arm called? I'm sure it cost about £.80 at screwfix but I am trawling the internet looking at parts and have no idea what it's called!

Thanks in advance for help.
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:47 pm


Simply Build It

Postby thedoctor » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:34 pm

I think you are taking about the trip lever
Posts: 2530
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:15 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics