Replacing Bathroom Extractor & Light - Wiring Question
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Ryanfozzie
Labourer
Labourer

Replacing Bathroom Extractor & Light - Wiring Question

Post by Ryanfozzie » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:46 pm

Good afternoon!

Hope everyone is safe and well. First time posting - apologies for any mistakes!

I'm replacing a old in line extractor (the type that included the light in vent and couldn't extract air even if it tried - it was useless) and replacing it with a Manrose MF100T. The good news is that the extractor is a straight swap Live, Live Permanant, Netural.

As you can see from the attached, the wiring is a bit of a mess as there was another connection to the halogen light that will not be used anymore. Rather than leaving a live wire, I would like to do this correctly.

From my understanding, I need to do the following (based on the attached photo of the current situation).

Loft.PNG

Connect the lives into 1 X 4 Way Compact PushWire Connectors
Connect the neturals into 1 X 4 Way Compact PushWire Connectors
Connect the earths into 1 X 4 Way Compact PushWire Connectors

I can then remove the extra 'spur' as such that was for the light in the vent and pop it all in a nice junction box.

Sorry if this does not make any sense!

Thanks! :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mr White
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Replacing Bathroom Extractor & Light - Wiring Question

Post by Mr White » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:16 pm

It makes no sense what so ever.

The "push in connectors" are called Wago connectors.
I can only suggest that if you want to remove an existing light you follow its cable back to your junction and remove its cable from there.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:59 am