DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Replacing Conservatory Roof With Older Style Panels Help

Postby timeldridge » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:45 pm

Recently moved into house, the conservatory roof looks old but not too sure how old exactly.

Looking to get replacement polycarbonate panels like the one in the picture but unable to find similar ones (the edge goes up)

Anybody know where to buy old style panels or if its best to put in the new style ones which i think will require some wooden beams to be put in place.

Panel inserted into glazing bar
IMG_2471 (1).jpg
Underneath join
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:35 pm


Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:56 pm

Hi timeldridge
I don't think the panels you have are made any more so you will have to replace them with thinner sheets and suggest you use purpose made glazing bars.
Regards S
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 6311
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics