replacing kitchen cabinet doors
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
notgotaclue
Labourer
Labourer

replacing kitchen cabinet doors

Post by notgotaclue » Wed May 16, 2007 12:01 pm

Hi Guys,Please excuse my ignorance here however would appreciate any help you can give.
My daughter has got new house with fitted kitchen so has given me the old ones(couple of years old almost like new).
However I have a council house and the existing units are all different sizes from the ones I have been given eg present doors are 54cm wheras the others are 72 cm high.
How do you go about fitting these and is it a big job?.
I am disabled and cant do the work myself so would have to get someone but obviously dont want to get ripped off.
Any help greatly appreciated cheers!

thedoctor

Post by thedoctor » Wed May 16, 2007 7:14 pm

So much depends on how these units will fit into the kitchen you have and it could be an easy job, sliding the old out and the new in, or it could be a nightmare with the units being too high or deep, the flooring needing to come up to get them in, the doors opening the wrong way. Really its not soomething that can be helped within a forum as there are so many variables. Quotes are free so get 3 or 4 kitchen fitters to quote and ask them all for references which you should follow up by visiting one or two of their previous customers. This is the way to avaiod getting ripped off, take full responsibility for the work you want done and make sure the people you use are tradesmen with good references and work you have seen and like.

TheDoctor5

Post by TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:38 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:03 am