DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Replacing kitchen sink unit

Postby dugit » Sun May 24, 2020 10:15 am

! am replacing my single tap kitchen sink unit with a two tap sink unit as I was told it would help the speed at which my taps would then deliver water from water tank in loft. I am looking on the internet at Clearwater stainless steel sink unit with two tap holes and roll front 1000 x 600. My kitchen worktop is 600mm wide with a curved front .but I’m not sure what Roll Front means, does it mean that Roll Front curves round the curved edge of my worktop? Also how is this type of sink unit isattached to the kitchen work top. Also any other helpful assembly tips would be appreciated. Can I find assembly instructions for this type of unit ? Any replies and advice most welcome.
Rank: Apprentice
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:39 pm


Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Sun May 24, 2020 9:37 pm

Hi dugit
Unless you particularly want to replace your sink you could fit a single hole tap designed for low pressures. You'll probably end up with a conventional jumper type tap. You could also drill 1/2'extra holes and fit a deck type tap.
Regards S
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 5340
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics