Replacing my existing thermostat with a programmed timer
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
garethu
Labourer
Labourer

Replacing my existing thermostat with a programmed timer

by garethu » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:24 pm

Hi,

I am wanting to change my manual room thermostat (Danfoss RET230p - 3 wire installation) with an electronic one so I can have the temperature different at different times of the day. The boiler I have is controlled by FP715 controls but this does not control the temperature, only when to turn on the heating or hot water.

I am struggling to find a suitable replacement thermostat, any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

jim the plumb
Tradesman
Tradesman

by jim the plumb » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:03 am

Hi garethu,

I have always used the TP5000/RX1 wireless controls when doing a combi install. A while back I fitted one to an existing Y-plan system and wired the RX1 into an LP241 which is similar to your FP715.

The TP5000 ran the various programs and the RX1 (wired directly into the LP241) turned the heating on/ off when it received a signal from the TP5000.

Unfortunately, I can't find my wiring diagram - I had to draw it myself and it took some head scratching I can tell you. However, it is do-able and you could get someone to work it out for you.

jimbo

garethu
Labourer
Labourer

by garethu » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:16 pm

jim the plumb wrote:Hi garethu,

I have always used the TP5000/RX1 wireless controls when doing a combi install. A while back I fitted one to an existing Y-plan system and wired the RX1 into an LP241 which is similar to your FP715.

The TP5000 ran the various programs and the RX1 (wired directly into the LP241) turned the heating on/ off when it received a signal from the TP5000.

Unfortunately, I can't find my wiring diagram - I had to draw it myself and it took some head scratching I can tell you. However, it is do-able and you could get someone to work it out for you.

jimbo

Many thanks for your help, that gives me an excellent place to look

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1